As the end of the year draws near, the Marbella Lakes Owners Association Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to not only wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, but to also give our residents a recap of the board accomplishments for 2016.
While our year was a challenging one, I can say we, as a Board, met the challenges head on and continued our mission of serving our community to the best of our abilities.
Our unified desire to maintain and improve Marbella Lakes as well as continue to have it be an outstanding place to live helped us achieve many of our 2016 goals while staying within our budget.
Below is a brief snapshot of the items that were accomplished:
- · Renewed irrigation watering permit with South Florida Water Management District
- · Initiated watering permit reporting requirements with South Florida Water Management District
- · Recalibrated recharge pumps
- · Completed required Engineering inspection of lake drainage system
- · Installed three new irrigation pumps
- · Terminated landscaping contract with LandCare
- · Negotiated new landscape contract with Greenscapes
- · Installed new security software for vehicle entry at gatehouse
- · Installed new CCTV cameras
- · Updated residence vehicle owner registration for gate access
- · Funded new PUD modification for oak tree issues
- · Limited oak tree trimming costs while awaiting PUD approval
- · Trimmed Oak Trees behind the condos that were hitting the screens and gutters
- · Completed turnover process with GL Homes
- · Resurfaced outdoor basketball court
- · Restrung lounge chairs in the pool area
- · Installed pickle ball lines on outdoor basketball court
- · Installed new flooring in the clubhouse game room
- · Installed new air conditioning system for the exercise room
- · Trimmed cordgrass on I 75 berm
- · Backfilled the bottom of the I 75 berm wall for noise reduction
- · Installed new plants at the community entrance and common areas
- · Installed new plants at the clubhouse and pool areas
- · Cut and removed overgrown landscaping behind the north wall
- · Cut back littorals and removed dead spikerush and algae in east lakes 5 and 6
- · Signed contract to cut back littorals and spike rush behind the Single Family Homes
- · Signed contract to replace damaged concrete caps at the community entrance
- · Replaced damaged sod on Del Mar
- · Initiated new rust inhibitor program that eliminated chemicals from mixing with irrigation water
- · Power washed and sealed pool deck pavers
- · Power washed sidewalks, walls and single family driveways
- · Hosted Sherriff sponsored active shooter in the community program
- · Conducted lake water quality testing.
As a community we will be welcoming in a new Board of Directors on January 24, 2017, but I would like to take the opportunity to thank each member of the 2016 board for their service to the community. I truly appreciate all that each of you brought to our group and wish you continued success and happiness in life.
It has been a pleasure serving as your President and having the opportunity to meet so many of our truly wonderful residents.
In closing, please remember that each board member serves our community out of their desire to see Marbella Lakes grow and prosper. Please continue to treat them with the respect and kindness befitting someone generous enough to donate their time for the greater good.
May 2017 bring everyone good health and happiness.
Jennifer L. Fazio
Marbella Lakes Owners Association