CONDO BOARD MEETING
MARBELLA LAKES CLUB HOUSE
6664 MARBELLA LANE
President – Julie Kowalke
Vice President – Tony Barbieri
Treasurer – Mildred Tufano
Director – Eileen Shanbrom
Secretary – Neil Langford
Property Manager – Lynn Ross
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
- The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm on February 17th, 2016 by Julie Kowalke.
DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
- A quorum was established with Julie Kowalke, Tony Barbieri, Mildred Tufano, Eileen Shanbrom and Neil Langford.
PROOF OF MEETING NOTICE
- Proof of the meeting notice was provided.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- A motion to approve the minutes from the last meeting was made by Mildred Tufano, seconded by Eileen Shanbrom and unanimously approved.
- The treasurer’s report was presented by Mildred Tufano for the period ending January 31st, 2016. We have cash and cash equivalents of $341,319 and reserves of $524,351. For January 2016, there was a loss of $370 which was primarily due to expenses for office supplies relating to the annual meeting and election paperwork and payment coupon books.
EXPECTATION OF MONTHLY MEETINGS AND HOUSEKEEPING ISSUES BETWEEN BOARD AND RESIDENTS
- Julie Kowalke thanked the audience for their attendance and support. It is the intention of the board to hold monthly meetings but some meetings may be skipped during the summer months. It was requested that comments be withheld until after the meeting is adjourned and be limited to two minutes. Julie stated that the board is here for the residents and residents can reach out via email, website or the property manager.
PROPOSED PAINT COLOR OPTIONS FOR LANAI’S
- A discussion was held regarding allowing owners to choose one of four paint colors for lanai painting as part of the building painting project. The four colors are the same as those on the outside of the buildings and creatively named Sahara (Gold), Dialed-In (Green), Free State (Rusty) and Mere Mortal (Cream). A motion to approve the use of one of the four colors was made by Julie Kowalke, seconded by Eileen Shanbrom, approved by Mildred Tufano and disapproved by Neil Langford and Tony Barbieri. The motion passed with a 3 to 2 majority. While the condo association will pay to have the lanai painted its original color, if an owner requests a change of color, the owner will be responsible for the cost difference of $113.00 and should request such a change via the property manager at the time the building is scheduled to be painted.
VEHICLE PARKING UPDATE
- Eileen Shanbrom stated there has been feedback regarding parking issues. Eileen confirmed that the Collier County regulations have been reviewed again and confirms that residents cannot be allowed to park on the streets.
- The meeting was adjourned at 6:49pm.