Hurricane Irma is heading towards Florida and is projected to arrive early Saturday.
In preparation of the storm we are securing the clubhouse, tennis court and pool areas.There will be limited pool furniture available for use this week. Please move in your lanai furniture and remove any items outside of your home that could be damaged. If necessary I’ve listed below a list of items you will need if an evacuation is mandated by the County. At this time hurricane shutters may be put up and then removed after the storm passes. If you are not in Florida at this time please contact your home watch person to secure your unit. The landscape company will be on-site after the storm to start cleaning up the area if necessary.
It is recommended for families to have a minimum of 5 days’ worth of supplies in a hurricane survival kit, as well as other items for use at a shelter and/or upon return to your home. These are some recommended steps:
Step 1: Ensure your vehicle has a full tank of gasoline. Check tire pressure and inspect fluid levels.
Step 2: Obtain cash rolls of quarters and small bills for use in vending machines. Remember that most vendors will not accept checks or credit cards after a hurricane.
Step 3: Pack the following:
- Items that require no cooking
- Items that are ready to eat
- Include a can-opener and plastic or disposable utensils
- Include toiletries and enough personal hygiene supplies for two weeks
Step 4: Pack important documents and papers:
- Birth/Marriage Certificates
- Wills and Power Of Attorney
- Computer Disks with valuable information and/or System Disks
- Video tape of household goods and of the interior/exterior of the house
- Pet vaccination documentation
- Personal phone/address book
Step 5: Pack Clothing, Bedding, and Bathing Supplies:
- Pants, Shirts, Underwear, Socks, Etc
- Pillows, Sheets, and Blankets
- Towels and Face Cloths
Step 6: Inspect the house for loose external items:
- Trash Cans and Receptacles
- Lawn and Patio Tables/Chairs
- Toys (Swing Sets, Riding Toys, Etc.)
- Secure Television Antenna or Satellite Dish
- Unplug Appliances (Televisions, Stereos, Computers, Etc.)
- Turn Off Gas and Electricity to the house
Step 7: Check your pet into a pet friendly hotel/motel, kennel, or veterinarian office
Marbella Lakes H.O.A “Proudly Managed by GRS Management Associates”
6664 Marbella Lane, Naples, FL 34105
D: 239-403-7718 | F: 239-262-0113