CONDO BOARD MEETING
MARBELLA LAKES CLUB HOUSE
6664 MARBELLA LANE
President – Kathy Avalone
1st Vice President – David Schroeder
2nd Vice President – Tony Barbieri
Treasurer – Richard Barbato
Secretary – Neil Langford
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
Meeting called to order at 6:32pm on October 28th, 2015.
DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
- A quorum was established with Kathy Avalone, David Schroeder, Tony Barbieri and Neil Langford. Richard Barbato was in absentia.
PROOF OF MEETING NOTICE
- Proof of the meeting notice was provided.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- A motion to approve the minutes from the last meeting was made by David Schroeder, seconded by Tony Barbieri and unanimously approved.
- Patricia Gwinn gave the treasurer’s report for the period ending September 30th, 2015. TBD – Net expenses for the year are $18,226 less than budget and we have substantial cash and cash equivalents of $296,866. Significant positive variances are with Insurance, Landscape extras and dryer vent cleaning. Significant negative variances are with maintenance of fire equipment, general repairs, pressure cleaning roofs and the annual sprinkler test. The projected year end surplus in the Operating Fund is $234,060 versus $200,560 in the revised budget.
APPROVAL OF 2016 BUDGET
- A motion to approve the 2016 budget was made by David Schroeder, seconded by Tony Barbieri and unanimously approved.
- Kathy Avalone announced that she is leaving the community and the sale of her unit is scheduled to close on November 11th. At that time, she will not be eligible to serve on the board. A motion to approve the appointment of Michael Francis to the board was made by Tony Barbieri, seconded by David Schroeder and unanimously approved. Michael expressed his thanks to Kathy for her leadership, work with all residents and building relations with the HOA board.
- A comment was made that mold is still visible after the roof cleaning. It was explained that the roofs are cleaned and sealed and the sealer continues to work to clean the roofs.
- A comment was made on how the late fees and violation fees show as a negative on the Income/Expense statement. It was explained that this is due to the owner in arrears.
- A comment was made that violation letters were received for violations by neighbors. Letters were sent to unit #101 for violations at unit #202. David Schroeder suggested that violation letters should not be sent without validating the violation and one of the duties of the maintenance man will be to validate such violations.
- The meeting was adjourned at 6:46pm.
Community Association Manager
Marbella Lakes H.O.A. “Proudly Managed by GRS Management Associates”
6664 Marbella Lane, Naples FL 34105
D: 239-430-5690 | F: 239-262-0113 Customer Service:561-641-8554