CONDO BOARD MEETING
MARBELLA LAKES CLUB HOUSE
6664 MARBELLA LANE
President – Julie Kowalke
Vice President – Tony Barbieri
Treasurer – Mildred Tufano
Director – Eileen Shanbrom
Secretary – Neil Langford
Property Manager – TBD
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
- The meeting was called to order at 6:31pm on Wednesday, March 23rd 2016 by Julie Kowalke.
DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
- A quorum was established with Julie Kowalke, Mildred Tufano, Eileen Shanbrom, Neil Langford and Tony Barbieri (ia Sykpe).
PROOF OF MEETING NOTICE
- Proof of the meeting notice was provided.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- A motion to approve the minutes from the last meeting was made by Mildred Tufano, seconded by Eileen Shanbrom and unanimously approved.
- The treasurer’s report was presented by Mildred Tufano for the period ending February 29th 2016. We have cash and cash equivalents of $296,320 and reserves of $494,572. The current year net income is $4560.00.
- The issue of parking was discussed. Collier County rules state that our roads are not wide enough to allow street parking and therefore, street parking is prohibited.
- The process of towing cars was discussed. The current contract with Morley’s Towing does not have the necessary wording to protect the association in the event of any vehicle damage during towing. A motion to contract with Specialist Auto Tech, Inc. was made by Mildred Tufano, seconded by Eileen Shanbrom and unanimously approved.
- Our storage unit located on Pine Ridge Road was discussed. It has been determined that the size of the storage unit is larger than necessary. A motion to approve a smaller storage unit was made by Mildred Tufano, seconded by Eileen Shanbrom and unanimously approved.
- Our budget allows for the painting of a 6th building in 2016. A motion to approve the painting of building 6549 Monterey Pt was made by Mildred Tufano, seconded by Julie Kowalke and unanimously approved.
- The issue of propane tanks was discussed. There was a recent issue with an owner grilling in his garage with an oversized (20 lb) propane tank. The owner was notified and the propane tank has been removed. The Community Rules document has been updated to reflect the current state and county law of propane tanks may not be more than one pound in size.
FUNDS IN RESERVE
- At a prior meeting, Mildred Tufano and Tony Barbieri met with bankers to see how the money we have in the reserve account can be best invested to give us a return on our money. BB&T presented some options for consideration and will hold a presentation on Wednesday, March 30th at 10am at the club house.
- The meeting was adjourned at 7:08pm.